珍惜生命—活在當下 (TodayOnly.ppt)
 (Your own life will appreciate it.)

 

Today we have higher buildings and wider highways, but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view.
今天,我們住在高樓華廈裡、行駛在高速公路上;但是,我們的思想觀點卻越見狹隘短路。

We spend more, but enjoy less.
我們的消費超值了,卻不見享樂的歡愉。

We have bigger houses, but smaller families.
我們住著寬敞的房子,卻是小家庭的成員。

We have more compromises, but less time.
我們擁有很多的妥協,卻少了(相處的)時間。

We have more knowledge, but less judgement.
我們擁有豐富的知識,卻缺乏判斷力。

We have more medicines, but less health.
我們擁有很多的醫藥,卻沒有了健康。

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
我們的財富增加了,價值卻日益困乏。

We talk much, we love only a little, and we hate too much.
我們說的很多,但是愛少而恨多。

We reached the Moon and came back, but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors.
我們能夠登陸月球而且來去自如,但是與鄰居的交往卻障礙重重。

We have conquered the outer space, but not our inner space.
我們征服了外太空,卻無法戰勝自我的內心世界。

We have higher income, but less morals.
我們擁有高收入,卻少了道德觀。

These are times with more liberty, but less joy.
我們擁有自由的時間,卻少了歡樂。

We have much more food, but less nutrition.
我們擁有豐富的食物,卻缺了營養。

These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home, but divorces increase.
在這些時日裡,每個家庭都能夠賺取雙薪,但是離婚率卻與日遽增。

These are times of finer houses, but more broken homes.
在這些時日裡,我們能夠坐擁華屋,但是破碎的家庭無數。

That’s why I propose, that as of today,
這就是為什麼我建議:珍惜今朝

You do not keep anything for a special occasion, because every day that you live is a special occasion.
你不要只為了一個特別的場合而保留任何東西,因為每一個今天都是你最特殊的日子。

Search for knowledge, read more, sit on your front porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs.
當你坐在門廊前,遍覽群籍,汲取知識,欣賞他人的學養時,你不必在意日常的生活所需。

Spend more time with your family and friends, eat your favorite foods, visit the places you love.
多花點時間善待你的家人和朋友,品嚐你喜愛的美食,隨性地走訪各地。

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment; not only about survival.
生命是一條歡樂時光的鍊子;並不只是為了生存。

Use your crystal goblets. Do not save your best perfume, and use it every time you feel you want it.
把你珍藏的水晶玻璃杯拿出來用吧!也不要吝惜你最好的香水,在任何一個時間裡只要你想到就盡情地去用吧!

Remove from your vocabulary phrases like “one of these days” and “someday”.
從你日常生活的框架中走出來,拋卻那些“特定的某一天”和“某些日子”的設限。

Let’s write that letter we thought of writing “one of these days”.
當我們一想到要寫信時就提筆吧!不要等到所謂的“某一天”再動手。

Let’s tell our families and friends how much we love them.
對我們家人和朋友直接的表達我們是多麼愛著他們啊!

Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life.
不要拖延任何一樁能夠增添你生活中快樂與喜悅的事情。

Every day, every hour, and every minute is special.
每一天,每一小時,甚至每一分鐘都是最特別的。

And you don’t know if it will be your last.
因為你無法預測哪一天將會是你的最後一天。

If you're too busy to take the time to send this message to someone you love, and you tell yourself you will send it “one of these days”. Just think...“one of these days” you may not be here to send it!
如果你太忙了以至於你沒有將這個訊息傳遞給你所愛的人,反而告訴自己等到“某一天”我一定會這麼做時…試著想一想:也許那一天你已經不在了,也無法讓愛傳出去。